what's it like to live in ohio?



I have friends who live out of ohio - and they always ask

"what is the weather like there?"

"does the weather change from one season to the next.. in just one day?"

"what is it like during the winter?"

"is it as bad as ohioans make it out to be?"

well I can tell you that it's usually rainy or cold until the month of july. it honestly feels like the month of july alone is the only month where it's warm. the rest of the year you won't see the sun and if you do, then it's a miracle.

and yes, it's no joke if it is 70 degrees and sun all day, it can turn to snow within a day. and surprisingly, a "season changer" is so common that it's practically a new term to tell the weather.
"oh, what is the weather for today?"
"I heard it's going to be rainy with a season changer."
it doesn't sound too threatening, but when you wake up with themps in the high 70s don't expect it to last. by dinnertime you will be in your winter jacket shivering. trust me, it's a threat here.

and don't get me started on the winter. it gets so cold in the winter it's like the polar vortex is replacing the name winter. and trust me, it doesn't get as cold as the states farther up north. but trust me the weather here is cold enough. it's so bad at times I will avoid doing something just so I don't have to step outside.

yes, it is as bad as ohioans make it out to be. we dislike this weather so much that at times that's all we will ever talk about. maybe that's what we only talk about.

whatever the case, this weather cannot decide on what it wants to be. and honestly, sometimes it's okay.

as much as we complain about this weather. we can't say we would want to be anywhere else. I truly love living here and I cannot imagine being somewhere else.

maybe because no one else understands this pain for the weather.

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment: